Sunday, September 12, 2010

18 weeks and counting

And 18 weeks under way, this week with a large mango of 240 grams.

How are we feeling??
- excited because the 19 week scan is coming up next week
- exhausted due to a 2-day golf tournament today and yesterday
- energised; I seem to have more energy, almost back on pre-pregnancy bed times
- like I still have got my weight under control. I've gained about 2-2.5 kg's thus far, which isn't bad at all. I'm eating fairly healthy, a bit more than usual, especially in the bread department, and our meals are good. Now and then the odd hamburger, but not even once every fortnight. What's saving me is a slight aversion of sweets, so if I'm getting hungry during the day I dive into a divine bowl of yoghurt and muesli for example, or a bagel, or soup, or some salty potato chips, yummy.
- astonished by a lot of American women on my discussion board, who gained over 10 kg's already, can't stop eating, don't get full and if they go into detail about what they're eating it's mainly junk. So they try to fill themselves up with all sorts of protein shakes and other garbage. The food culture there seems totally insane to me.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment