Saturday, November 20, 2010

And back home

We came home again this morning after a reasonable night sleep, where I again swam in my own sweat due to the hormones given to me the previous day.

In the middle of the night the midwife on call did some checks on me - blood pressure, temperature and blood loss - and after that we slept till 8 am. I have had no pain at all since the baby popped out, only a slightly bruised feeling in my tummy for which I'm taking some paracetamol.

At 9 our own midwife came by to check up on me once again. I also chose to take some hormone pills to prevent my breasts from lactating, as normally after delivering a baby within 3 days the milk will come in! Something else to think about.

The baby and placenta will be sent off to wton on Sunday, where the pathologist will perform research on it on monday. Transport of the baby will be done by a funeral company, all arranged for us by our midwife. After we've seen the baby we decided to let the cremation take place in wton, it was clear to us that this baby never could have survived, no need for us to hold a special service or whatever.

When we came home some truly beautiful flowers were waiting for us from my mum and DH's and my colleagues! Also DH's parents gave us a lovely piece of art; this piece attracted us when we first saw it one or two years ago and is a bit of a free interpretation of Noah's Ark. Very cute.

And last but not least: I am eligible for 14 weeks paid maternity leave, so won't be back at work till the end of February. Pure bliss! Time to get my head around things, to take it easy and to make plans for the future! BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

1 comment:

  1. thrilled to hear you have pulled through well and obviously with wonderful support from DH. Big hugs and 'mind flowers' from me. I'll let you get your breath back and then distract you soon with live back here in oz...perhaps you may fancy a jump over the ditch for some R & R?? Always welcome x

    ReplyDelete