Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Recovering well

I am recovering well, my throat is back to normal as is my voice! That was the most annoying feeling ever, together with those sore muscles in my neck. I still look a bit like a cocaine addict with my bruised elbows from the attempts to put a drain in my arm. I haven't had any significant bleeding and it looks like my breasts are taking the hormone bait and won't start lactating. A pity that I still have to lose those 5 to 6 kilo's, that was definitely not baby weight!

I found it remarkable that on Monday the midwife wasn't able to feel my womb, which means that it has already shrunk behind the pubic bone - I mean, it takes over 14 weeks to grow over the pubic bone, but within 2 days the whole thing is almost back to its original size. Looks like the doc has cleaned it out very well during my operation.

I have been fairly light-headed in the mornings the last couple of days, but I can feel that that is getting better too. Yesterday I did my first 'walk' to the letterbox around the corner, chaperoned by DH's mum, to post a letter and that went okay. Tonight DH and I will be going for a short stroll around the block. Can't wait to be on the golf course again to be honest

So what's left of this pregnancy? Not much, a tiny bit of ashes for us to receive, registration of the baby, and the results of the post-mortem on the baby and the placenta. In about 4-6 weeks time we'll be back at the hospital for a discussion of the outcomes, if any. In the meantime we have to be careful (if that's what we want...) as I can become pregnant again straight away!

4 comments:

  1. For me, there is nothing more simple, loving and companionably than taking a stroll with the man you love, especially when you have been though a major challenge together. I know you will be begin to feel stronger by the day - and then, go win a golf tournament. Thinking of you both, P

    ReplyDelete
  2. some people say it's not possible to give comments so just testing the comments field...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your physical & emotional recovery will get another boost during your short break. Take care and have fun!

    Hug Eveline

    ReplyDelete