Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ankles and bloated

Well, nine weeks have passed so far and baby has reached the size of a prune today. I always wondered about pregnancy and how it would feel. How do you know you're pregnant? You can read everywhere about symptoms, but unless you're going through it yourself all the information in the world doesn't mean a thing.

I had read a thing or two about pregnancy and symptoms, as we were quite focused on conceiving in the last couple of months (the 'now or never'-syndrome? Interesting to spend some more words on that at some stage as we both are not sure whether we actually like kids!). I found out that a lot of women seem to feel very bloated in the early stages. Had to look up what that meant - it means exploding after dinner - and I could totally relate to that even before my period was due. I also could still see my ankles very well, as usually these disappear prior to my period. Two big red flags for me!! O and pimples, although these are a pregnancy symptom as well as a period symptom. And lower back pain, which also could mean either pregnant or period upcoming.

But to me these ankles and the bloated feeling were enough to tell me I could very well be pregnant. The test I did proved me right; EEKS!!!!! TOTAL PANIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment