Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hungry!

I seem to have a nice appetite. But it's funny how some things suddenly don't go that well down. Like almond fingers for example (gevulde koeken). They look delicious, can't resist them, brain decides I should eat one. Half an hour after eating my almond finger I really wished I hadn't touched the bloody thing at all.

Same with almost all sweet foods, although that seems to change a bit now. I had some mega marshmallows yesterday and that was fine, as well as wine gums. No I haven't gained much weight yet, half a kg or so, I can see you thinking that there's a whale underway, but not yet.

So I got into the salty mode. Cheese crackers, yumm! Rice crackers, yumm! One thing with these crackers is that they are very crispy and crunchy. And make a lot of noise when eating them in bed in the middle of the night. Which makes DH wondering WTF is going on in our bedroom and then he starts whining about crumbs in his bed.

Last week I got really hungry around 2am in the morning. I had to get out of bed and make myself some nice sandwiches to take back to the bedroom with me. Luckily for DH he was in Oz...

I think these hunger pangs at night have to do with this crazy early bedtime. I crash into bed between 7.30 and 9pm, no wonder that after 6hrs of sleep my stomach starts rumbling! Perfectly understandable, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment